Flights from Boston to Athens Greece
Major airports in Athens
Athens is served by one airport, Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (ATH).
For cheaper tickets to Athens, consider the following:
- Fly mid-week
- Fly into London, Paris or Amsterdam and then catch a connecting flight on one of the Europe’s low cost carriers. When searching a flight from New York to Athens the price was $830 at two weeks’ notice, but planning 6 weeks in advance and adding a layover in London dropped the price to $623 . Click here to search the route
- Fly mid-week when the volume of travel is lower
- Travel overland via bus or train
- Book your holiday during the off-peak or shoulder season (January – March; October-November)
- Check out carriers besides the national airline (i.e. low cost carriers such as EasyJet fly into Athens)
Athens Travel Tips
Part of the European Union and Schengen agreement, traveling to Athens is very easy for anyone. Named after the goddess Athena, the capital of Greece is a magnificent city featuring a stunning array of ancient ruins, artwork and historical sites stoically on display.
Olympic Air (formed from the privatization of the national airline Olympic Airlines) along with Aegean Airlines, the biggest airline in Greece, are the most important airlines operating to/from Athens. The city is also reached via British Airways, Delta and other carriers; low cost carriers such as EasyJet also serve the city.
Athens is one of the sunniest cities in Europe – with nice weather from May to October – which allows tourists to visit the city year-round. In fact, visiting during winter ensures you have the tourist sites almost for yourself (but also a bit of rain). Top attractions in Athens include the Parthenon, the Acropolis, the Greek Agora and the site of the first modern Olympic Games, Kallimarmaro Stadium.
- oil drilling oil job Australia offshore hiring
Mobile Lightweight Wireless Systems: First International ICST Conference, MOBILIGHT 2009, Athens, Greece, May 18-20, 2009, Revised Selected Papers ... and Telecommunications Engineering)
Ectaco EG900 Grand Greek & English Bidirectional Talking Electronic Translator Dictionary & PhraseBook with OCR C-Pen Scanner & GPS Navigation System
CE (Ectaco, Inc.)