Grace Santorini, Greece
Wednesday newsletters always feature a luxury hotel and/or flight review.
Today (January 28, 2014): Hotel review: Grace Santorini (Greece).
Grace Santorini is an exclusive boutique hotel in Santorini, one of the southernmost Greek islands in the Aegean sea. The hotel with its amazing views of the world-famous caldera and sumptuous sunsets has received global critical acclaim as Santorini’s best luxury hotel, and we can only agree. With its jaw-dropping location, spectacular infinity pool and luxurious accommodations, Santorini Grace may be the ultimate expression of a boutique hotel in the iconic Greek Island and one of the best in the Mediterranean.
In this review (more info and photos below the slideshow):
- Pros & things we like
- Cons & things to know
- Our verdict
- Tips for future guests & save money
- Best time to visit
- How to get there
PROS & THINGS WE LIKE
- Grace Santorini enjoys the perfect location, perched high up in the hills of Imerovigli on the north coast of Santorini. Imerovigli is a picturesque Cycladic village sprinkled with white sugar-cube houses, which is far enough from Santorini’s busy capital Fira to feel secluded, yet within walking distance.
- Whether you arrive by plane or boat in Santorini, the transfer to the property is short as the hotel is only a 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport, which receives daily flights from Athens (and from most European capitals in high season), or to the Port for the five-hour ferry from Piraeus.
- Its dramatic cliffside setting provides heart-stopping views. Directly below you is the word-famous caldera, the underwater basin of an ancient volcano, and facing you is the plug of Skaros, topped with Venetian castle ruins. The dazzling azure of the sky and sea, sharply contrasting with the whitewashed villages and black lava rocks, is a sight to behold. In fact, the views are even better than the already breathtaking views from the famous village of Oia (where most visitors stay), since the hotel is located much higher above sea level.
- The hotel is the perfect vantage point from which to enjoy the famed Santorini island sunsets that envelop Greece’s Cyclades Islands. This is a huge advantage as compared to staying in Oia, where tourists gather on mass on the local square to enjoy the sunset (as the latter can not be observed from most Oia hotels). In addition to the benefit of enjoying sunsets, you will also get an extra 2 to 3 hours of late afternoon and evening sun as compared to Oia. For those who like the ambience of the evening light and sunset, my advise is to stay here, and not in Oia.
Beaches Hotel Europe Greece Pool Santorini Grace Santorini Mouse Pad
Office Product (smileoverday)
New Zeng Beaches Hotel Europe Greece Pool Santorini Grace Santorini Leather Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note 4(Compatible With Verizon,AT&T,Sprint,T Mobile,Unlocked,Internatinal)
Wireless (New Zeng)
What is Santorini Greece?
Santorini is a beautiful and very special island in Aegean Sea.Its rich volcanic history has made it famous world wide.
Go at the links below for info and photos.
What is the weather in Santorini Greece in January?
During January it is Winter in every part of Greece and the whether is cold.