Accommodation in Crete Greece
It's difficult to recommend the best places to stay in Crete because this largest of the Greek islands has such varied appeals! Archaeology and mythology go up against inviting seas and sandy beaches. The rugged, traditional interior contradicts the bright nightlife of the capital, Heraklion.
All our collections in Crete:
For Ancient Treasures
Visitors come just to see the Minoan palace at Knossos - home of the minotaur and his labyrinth. But that's only the start of Crete's list of ancient treasures.
- Heraklion is closest to Knossos, making it the best place to stay in Crete for many. It's also close to the ancient Minoan villa of Vathypetro and its wine press. And the Historical Museum of Crete and Heraklion Archaeological Museum.
- Chania is the best place to stay in Crete if you want to visit Polyrinia, one of the most fortified towns in ancient Greece. It's also home to a historic market and impressive Archaeological Museum. History buffs may find one of the best places to stay in Crete is Metohi Kindelis, an antique Venetian farm converted into manor-house-hotel.
Best for Hikers and Landscape Artists
Crete is a naturally diverse beauty. She's got rugged mountain ranges, slicing gorges and fertile plains. And those beautiful beaches. So where are some of the best places to stay in Crete if your idea of an island holiday involves exploring gorgeous scenery?
- Milia Village is an amazing group of old houses in a remote mountain eyrie. Only 13 rooms with communal kitchen and dining, make it one of the best places to stay in Crete if you want to experience its hiking culture.
- Hidden in a valley, the White River Cottages are one of the best places to stay in Crete if you want to feel like you're on your own. But you also want to enjoy some traditional holiday facilities - like a pool and local tavernas 15mins walk away.
Secluded Beach Breaks
The southern coast is the best place to stay in Crete if you're looking for your own quiet cove or stretch of bright blue ocean.
Heraklion: Best place to stay in Crete for nightlife
But not just for shopping, bars and dancing, also for enjoying renowned local cuisine. The long waterfront brims with hectic life, and the historic centre hums with busy charm. And Heraklion is also home to the archaeological museum, making it one of the best places to stay in Crete.
- Amirandes is chic and new. It's got its own beach, palm fringed private pools and five restaurants. It's also got a spa and kid's club. Making it one of the best places to stay in Crete to relax in style.
Chania: Culture and Cuisine
Chania's harbour is magnificent, and it's easy to see why the Venetians and Turks built their great and beautiful cities here. In addition to the beautiful Old Town, Chania also has an impressive Archaeological Museum, a Naval Museum and several other museums. And loads of interesting churches. And an olive press. Explaining why Chania is one of the best places to stay in Crete for culture vultures.
Photo Jigsaw Puzzle of Bali, Crete
Framed Print of Bali, Crete
Where is crete Greece.
The Large island at the bottom of the Greek map.
We are moving to Greece (Crete)...info on rented accommodation please? | Yahoo Answers
Chania is safe generally. I been in Maleme for a while, and liked it a lot. Outside the city prices are lower. You could get a cozy appartment for 500E per month. Look around - for sure it is cheaper than Athens - and nicer!
What is Crete in Greece known for?
Nice beaches, resorts, kri-kri goats, and the ancient ruins of Knossos.It is also known for its products such as olive oil and raki and also about their traditions in dancing and singing.
What is in between Greece and crete?
Between Greece and Crete there lie the islands of Kythera and Antikythera.
In Ancient Greece Kythera was considered the island of Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Quite close south west of Kythera is the Calypso Deep, lying in the Ionian Sea, the deepest point of the Mediterranean Sea (5,267 meters).
The small island of Antikythera is well known for the ancient ship wreck that was found there in 1902, unveiling the Antikythera Mechanism.
Kythera and Antikythera also form the borderline between the Ionian Sea and the Aegean Sea.
More information on the certain areas can be found via t…